Thursday, April 5, 2012

Let's feed the world........ or 12 school children [60]

In preparation for One Day Without Shoes, I'll be counting down for the next five days (totally arbitrary number, I just thought it'd be fun). So get ready for 5 awesome acts to support Toms and give children shoes. And maybe I'll be super nice to you and give you random facts about Toms and its cause along the way. Just cause I'm that awesome!


First up, Toms is now partnering with the Feed Foundation so every time you buy a Toms + Feed style shoe (pair of shoes that is...) not only are you providing a kid in need with a pair of shoes, you are also providing 12 school lunches. BAM! World-changing wonderfulness in one very stylish package. I'll be quite honest and say that I don't know much about the Feed Foundation, but what I've gotten from the website is that it's a non-profit organization dedicated to providing nutritious lunches to school children as the start to improving the worldwide food system. In the process it's also dedicated to raising awareness, especially about the almost 400 million children worldwide who go to bed hungry every night. But it's not only about the children, it's about food problems around the world that affect everyone. It's about the 1 billion people who are hungry and the 1 billion who are overweight around the world. It's about food security for everyone, it's about feeding children in schools, and it's about healthy food.

Stay tuned for more Toms facts and causes to support, and get ready for One Day Without Shoes, April 10th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment