Monday, November 19, 2012

To each their own and do what you can [97]

I'm on a mission to remotivate myself. I'm naturally a downer: cranky, nervous, glass half-empty. But I want to see the silver lining, the good parts, the glass half full. So I'm off on a little internet adventure in search of some of the biggest "change the world" attempts. Up first: Miranda Gibson and The Observer Tree. This girl's been up on a platform, in a 400 year old tree, 200 feet above the ground, in the middle of Tasmania's southern forest since December 14th, 2011, hoping to bring enough attention to the conflict between conservationists and loggers over the forest to bring about Earth-friendly solutions. Disclaimer: of course not everything she says may be 100% true, a lot of it is emotionally-charged, and there may be some truth to claims that she hasn't actually been up there 24/7 all 300 whatever days as she claims. But can we at least take the general message that she's trying to convey? Specifically, save the environment, in general: do the impossible for the things you believe in.

Muir Woods in CA (not the Tasmanian forest, but same idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment