Friday, November 2, 2012

Food festing part deux [95]






At the local food festival from the last post I heard about another food fest, the Vegetarian Food Festival, that would be going on a couple weekends later, and this one was supposed to have a lot more free food than the local one did. Needless to say, I was sold. Veggie and free? I'm there. So, this past Saturday a couple friends and I trundled over to Boston to experience the wonderfulness that was Veggie Fest. I was sad to find that it wasn't quite as wonderful as the local fest in the sense of setting and space. It was inside, it was hot, and it was crowded. But, I am happy to report that on the food front it was delicious! We made several trips around the room, once clockwise, another time counterclockwise, and possibly even a third time weaving back and forth. And there was free food everywhere, just as promised. Veggie sausages and fake chicken, coconut milk ice cream, daiya vegan cheese, peanut butter, hummus and pretzels, Indian food and African food and Thai food. There were also tables piled high with cookbooks and veggie fest shirts. And then, in the back corner, hidden by a never-ending line was the most delicious finding of all: a table full of yummy yummy sweet treats. Cupcakes and donuts and tiny slices of cake. There was chocolate and pumpkin and some were Halloween-themed and some were not. And even though this was one of the few stands where you had to pay for the food, it was totally worth it. Pumpkin creme donut? Om nom nom!








I'm really starting to fall in love with this city xx

No comments:

Post a Comment