In the span of two weeks I've already talked myself out of doing this project at least three times and even forgot to do something world-changing a couple times (blasphemy!). Dr. Seuss had it right, you will indeed succeed, and "top all the rest. Except when you don't. Because, sometimes, you won't." Thanks to these small speed bumps I've come to appreciate just how important motivation can be. So, just as the random acts of kindness are meant to motivate others, I have to motivate myself. One way I've found is by watching a feel-good, change-the-world movie, the sappier the better. It may be scripted, with a pre-planned ending, but by nature it's inspirational. Case in point:
New Year's Eve (does it get any sappier than this?!). Thanks to my fabulous friends, Aly and Kristen (WHEN do I get to officially join your family?), for inviting me out to a great movie-watching adventure!
Oh yes, and a little side note on the glasses (remember
THEM?) I always planned on the "getting new glasses" deal to be part of this blogging experience, but the donating part was unplanned. You see, originally, getting new glasses was my way of boosting my confidence and keeping up the early momentum. Welcome to the ______=power=success series of this blog. You see, I have this idea that different traits give me power and therefore success, one being confidence. These glasses (→) were awesome and all, but I wanted fun-er glasses (that is, bigger). And so, I decided on these (↓)
So, as I head back to college as a second semester senior (try saying that 10 times fast...) I go with a new look in the hopes that confidence really does=power=success.
No comments:
Post a Comment