Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Look [9]

Time again for a short bio of some fabulous organizations that are changing the world, in this case, one ponytail at a time. Practically everyone's heard of Locks of Love and the wonderful work they do. But, turns out, there's lots of similar organizations targeting a different group of potential donaters (is that even a word? donatees?) and recipients. In pursuit of an organization that was a better match for me, personality and hair-wise, I stumbled across Hair That Cares (medical related hair loss), Pantene Beautiful Lengths (partnered with the American Cancer Society), and the Matter of Trust Oil Spill Program (although they no longer accept hair donations).


I was looking for an alternative because my hair was nowhere near long enough to donate 10 inches (a Locks of Love requirement), unless I wanted to go with the pixie cut, and because I wanted to go with a less well-known organization and cause. Cue Children with Hairloss, a nonprofit dedicated to providing children who suffer from medical related hair loss with wigs. Its mission: "Help us cover young heads to heal young hearts." As long as hair is at least 8 inches long, clean, and in good condition, it can be donated, even if it's chemically-treated or grey.

So, although I was quite fond of having long hair -->
I decided it was time to chop it off.














                                                               

















And now my head feels so light!















Though, my neck's kinda chilly...

No comments:

Post a Comment