When I started brainstorming for New Year’s Resolution 2012 I decided that “changing the world” meant one of three things. It meant the world as a whole, so I supported TOMS shoes, which is working to change the world one pair of shoes at a time. It means my tiny little world, basically keeping myself motivated when second-semester-senior-year-of-college stress kicks in. And then there are the worlds of others. That’s where the act/theme of the day comes in: Random Act of Kindness. It’s pretty simple, just do something nice for someone else, just because. This year these will probably be the most numerous ones, the theme I’ll fall back on whenever I get super busy.
And so my own little world reached population two, week 1 edition:
Also, turns out that I’m totally in love with baby clothes shopping. It’s all of the cuteness and none of the poop.
Whenever I’m home from college, my mom will leave little “good morning” notes on the kitchen counter. Sometimes they really do just say “good morning”, “have a good day”, “love you” and other times they include to-do lists and other requests. As a typical college student, I stay up late and sleep in, so on day 3 of 365 Days, 365 Ways I decided to take advantage of our differing schedules, write my mom a note after she went to bed and left it for her on the kitchen counter. Of course she had the last word, leaving little responses directly on my little note for me to find when I got up long after she had gone to work.
My roommate at college has been collecting postcards from around the world for years, either on her own travels or as gifts from the travels of friends and family. Her goal is to make them into an artistic tabletop one day (totally wish I’d thought of that first!). I failed to send her a postcard from Ireland last year during my semester abroad there, but better late than never, right? Turns out my family’s collected quite a pile of postcards over the years that have slowly been forgotten, and so random act of kindness #3 was to pass some of these postcards along to someone who will love them.

No comments:
Post a Comment