Not too long ago I blogged about going natural. Remember that kettle corn I'm so obsessed with? Yep, munching away on it as I type. But, by "living naturally" I am not just confining myself to food. My eventual goal is to come at this from all angles: general health, food, environmental, social. The list goes on and on. I'm cheating a little bit by including this next example of natural living, this being the "Yes to..." line of body care products, because I started using them last year, but my reasoning is that I am committing myself to using these products for the entire year of 2012 and to trying more and new products as the need arises.

So, a little bit about the "Yes to" brands, movement, campaign (lifestyle?). It was started by a group interested in creating a line of natural skin and hair care products. The subgoals were that the products would work, be guilt free (money and cruelty-wise), and be made from organic fruits and veggies. After only five years it can be found in 28,000 stores in 25 countries. The brands are: Nourishing Carrots, Soothing (Sensitive and color-treated) Cucumbers, Clear Skin Tomatoes, and Age Refresh Blueberries (WHY must my favorite fruit be for aging? I may joke that I'm an old lady with my knee problems, but my skin doesn't agree...) And, of course, it could not be on this blog if it didn't do good for others (though the non-chemical, environmentally-friendly, and cruelty-free aspects sure are a great start!). A portion of proceeds from every Yes to product sold goes to the Yes To Seed Fund, which provides children with opportunities to connect to nature and to learn about healthier lifestyles. Go check it out at the Yes to and the Seed Fund websites!

No comments:
Post a Comment